Who wouldn’t want to save 500 calories on their game-day snack? These Buffalo cauliflower wings are a delicious swap for the traditional calorie bomb we all know and love. Cauliflower wings give you the same Buffalo wing flavor profile but with 80% fewer calories. And did I mention they are super easy to make? You only need 5 ingredients. Pair these bites with celery and cucumber slices and top them with a crumble of your favorite blue cheese.
Buffalo Cauliflower Wings
1 cup water
1 cup all-purpose flour
2 teaspoons garlic powder
6 ½ cups cauliflower florets
¾ cup hot sauce or a low-sodium hot sauce if desired
1 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees. Lightly spray a large non-stick baking sheet with oil or for easy clean-up, line the baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Combine the water, flour and garlic powder in a bowl and stir until well combined.
- Add the cauliflower pieces to the bowl and coat them with the flour mixture. Place the cauliflower pieces on the baking sheet; bake for 20 minutes.
- While the cauliflower is baking, combine the hot sauce and butter in a small bowl.
- Drizzle or brush the hot sauce and butter mixture onto the cauliflower and let it sit for 3 minutes.
- Add the remaining sauce onto the cauliflower for a second coat.
- Serve with celery, cucumbers and crumbled blue cheese if desired.
Nutrition Notes: A serving of these “wings” is just 120 calories and you get a nutritional boost of vitamin C, potassium and folate, not to mention a host of powerful cancer protective compounds. Cauliflower just might help you lower your blood pressure and decrease your risk of cancer, diabetes and heart disease.
Recipe prepared, submitted, and tested by Laura Angelucci, Nutrition Student at LaSalle University. Original recipe from Skinnytaste.com.