These no-bake energy bites are a satisfying between-meal snack or can even fill in for a quick, on-the-go breakfast. All the ingredients are blended in a food processor, then rolled into bite size balls. Store them in the fridge or freezer.
Peanut Butter & Chocolate Chickpea Energy Bites
1 1/4 cups rolled oats
1 1/2 cups chickpeas (about one15-ounce can, drained and rinsed)
1/2 all-natural smooth peanut butter
1/3 cup honey
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 teaspoon Kosher salt
1/3 cup dark chocolate chips
- Add the oatmeal to a food processor. Blend until the oats are coarsely ground, almost to a flour texture, about 1 minute. Pour them into a bowl.
- Combine the chickpeas, peanut butter and honey in the food processor, no need to wipe it out. Puree until very smooth, scraping down the sides of the bowl, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add the cinnamon, vanilla, salt, and the ground oats. Pulse to form a dough. It will be the consistency of a stiff cookie dough. Add the chocolate chips and pulse to break them up a little, about 10 pulses.
- Wrap the dough in plastic wrap and refrigerate to about an hour, until firm and chilled.
- Use a tablespoon to scoop and roll into about 28 balls. Cover and refrigerate or freeze.