Sweet potato toasts are a nutrient packed alternative to regular toast. Oblong slices of sweet potato are roasted in the oven (just until tender), cooled then toasted in the toaster when ready to eat. Top them with anything you would put on your toast; almond butter, avocado slices, eggs, or smoked salmon. For this recipe, I spread them with cashew cream, chopped dates and cinnamon which could easily be served as dessert. I suggest you make the sweet potato toast over the weekend, store in the fridge, then pop them in your toaster for a quick breakfast or tasty snack throughout the week.
Sweet Potato Toasts with Cashew Cream, Dates and Cinnamon
2 large sweet potato, washed and dried
2 dates, pitted and chopped
2 tablespoons Cashew Cream
Dash of cinnamon
To Make Sweet Potato Toast:
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place a wire rack on a large rimmed baking sheet.
- Trim off both ends from the sweet potatoes using a knife.
- Slice sweet potato lengthwise into 1/4 inch thick slabs using a knife or mandolin slicer.
- Arrange slabs in a single layer on the wire rack.
- Bake for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are tender but not fully cooked.
- Remove pan from the oven and allow potatoes to cool on a wire rack completely before transferring to a container. Cover and store in fridge for up to 4-5 days.
To Assemble Sweet Potato Toast:
- Place sweet potato slices into a toaster or toaster oven. Toast until hot and browned.
- Top with cashew cream, chopped dates, chopped cashews & a dash of cinnamon.
Other Sweet Potato Toast Toppings:
- Smoked salmon
- Red onion
- Sliced radishes
- Red pepper flakes
- Almond butter or peanut butter
- Banana slices
- Ground cinnamon
- Chopped dates
- Cashew cream
Recipe adapted from therealfoodrds.com
One Comment Add yours