One of my favorite series of cookbooks is from Erin Gleeson, The Forest Feast. What I love about her books is that she makes cooking healthier so easy! Her recipes are more of an assembly of ingredients. You can mix and match ingredients and her measurements are more of a suggestion rather than a rule. If your still getting zucchini from your garden, use it to make zucchini ribbons as an interesting topping for pizza!
Zucchini Ribbon Pizza with Walnuts and Parmesan
(1) 16-ounce pizza dough (store-bought or homemade), room temperature
2 zucchini, peeled with a vegetable peeler to create ribbons
2 tablespoons extra-virgin olive oil, plus 2 teaspoons for baking sheet
1 cup grated parmesan cheese
1/4 cup chopped walnuts
2 scallions, chopped
- Heat oven to 425 degrees.
- Brush a baking sheet with 2 teaspoons olive oil. With your hands, press the pizza dough on to the baking sheet so it covers the entire sheet. If the dough sticks to your hands, rub them with a little olive oil.
- Lay the zucchini ribbons on a diagonal on the dough, overlapping a little.
- Top with Parmesan cheese, walnuts and scallions.
- Drizzle with remaining 1 tablespoon of olive oil. Bake for about 18 minutes or until golden brown.
Recipe adapted from Erin Gleeson’s cookbook, The Forest Feast Gatherings.