This will be the fastest granola you’ll ever make. Basically, it’s stir and bake and with just 5 ingredients, you will never buy granola again. The flavor is so well-balanced because the hint of nutty bitterness from the tahini plays well with the slight sweetness from the maple syrup. Most granola recipes take 45 minutes to bake, this one is out of the oven in under 20. Inspiration for this recipe from Food52 Simply Genius.
Nutty Tahini Granola
1/2 cup tahini
1/3 cup maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/4 teaspoon salt
2 cups old-fashioned rolled oats
1/2 to 1 cup chopped nuts (pistachios, almonds or walnuts)
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Line a sheet pan with parchment paper.
- In a large mixing bowl, add the tahini, maple syrup, vanilla and salt. Mix until smooth. Stir in the oats and nuts.
- Spread the oat mixture evenly onto the lined baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes.
- Take the pan from the oven, stir the granola and return to the oven and bake until granola is dry and golden brown, another 5-10 minutes. Keep an eye on it to sure it does not start to burn around the edges.
- Granola will crisp as it cools. Once cooled, break it up with your hands. Store in a well sealed container at room temperature.
Recipe adapted from Food52 Simply Genius.
2 Comments Add yours
Definitely will try. I like to have something to sprink
It’s really good! I usually make it with walnuts but I think the pistachios are even better!