If you’re a burger lover, you probably think turkey burgers can’t stand up to the “real” thing but these spicy, juicy, flavor-packed burgers will get your attention. Don’t let the long list of ingredients stop you from making these burgers. It’s really a very simple recipe and you can pull it all together in about 30 minutes.
Thai Turkey Burgers with Cucumber Pepper Relish and Spicy Mayo
Cucumber Pepper Relish
1/2 cup cucumber, cut into 1/4 inch cubes
1/2 cup red bell pepper, cut into 1/4 inch cubes
2 tsps freshly squeezed lime juice
1/2 cup canola oil mayo
1 tbsp Sriracha
1 1/2 scallions, minced
1/2 tbsp cilantro, chopped
1 tsp freshly squeezed lime juice
1/8 tsp turmeric
1/8 tsp ground coriander
1/8 tsp ground cumin
1/8 tsp fresh ginger, grated
1/8 tsp freshly ground black pepper
pinch of ground clove
4 100% whole wheat sandwich flats
1 pound (93% lean) ground turkey
4 scallions, minced
2 tbsp cilantro, chopped (or 1 tsp coriander)
2 tsp soy sauce
2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp fresh ginger, grated
1/2 tsp freshly ground black pepper
Dark leafy lettuce
- In a small bowl, combine all relish ingredients and refrigerate until ready to use.
- In a small bowl, combine all spicy mayo ingredients and whisk together. Refrigerate.
- In a large bowl, combine all burger ingredients and form into 4 patties, being careful not to overwork meat. Grill until cooked thoroughly, about 4 minutes per side. Once cooked, remove and set aside.
- Place buns on grill cut side down and toast until lightly browned, being careful not to burn.
- Place burgers on bottom part of bun and top the burger with lettuce, and relish. Spread the top of the burger bun with spicy mayo.
Note: I made 6-8 smaller burgers and turned them into sliders. You may want to double to spicy mayo ingredients so you will have some leftover. This is an excellent sauce to use with sandwiches and salads.