If you have an air fryer but are unsure how to use it, give this delicious chicken Milanese recipe a try. You will have a delicious, low fat breaded chicken (use whole wheat bread crumbs for extra fiber), in less than 15 minutes! It makes the perfect weekday dinner since it’s quick and easy but it’s deliciously elegant enough to serve at a dinner party. The chicken will remain crispy so have it with a salad for lunch the next day.
This recipe is courtesy of my intern, Larissa, and she loves her air fryer. I, however, do not have one so don’t worry. These will taste just as good baked in the oven. Preheat your oven to 450 degrees and bake the chicken for about 15 minutes.
- 24 ounces (about 3) boneless skinless chicken breasts, sliced in half lengthwise
- 3/4 cup whole wheat Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1/3 cup grated Romano cheese (or Parmesan)
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- kosher salt
- fresh cracked black pepper
- olive oil spray
Set air fryer to 380 degrees for 12 minutes, let it preheat.
- Combine breadcrumbs and grated cheese in one bowl. Add Italian spices to the mixture if you would like.
- In another bowl combine olive oil, lemon juice, and pepper.
- Lightly pound chicken breasts into cutlets, you should have 6.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Dip cutlets into lemon/oil mixture, then into breadcrumbs, pressing firmly to adhere.
- Spray air fryer with cooking spray so nothing sticks, and place chicken in preheated air fryer.
- Spray top of chicken with olive oil spray.
- Air fry chicken for about 10-12 minutes, turning once halfway through after about 5-6 minutes. Depending on how thin your chicken, it might cook in 10 minutes or less, so keep that in mind when making this dish.
Serve it with lemon slices.
Recipe adapted from skinnytaste.com
One Comment Add yours