With the explosion of pumpkin recipes on social media, you know fall has arrived. These mini pumpkin muffins are so easy to make, full of flavor and packed with beta carotene and fiber. If you made the apple spice muffins from my previous post, you can use the oat bran you just purchased because these are made with 100% oat bran, no flour needed. They’re just the right bite for an afternoon snack or have 3 or 4 with a cold glass of milk for a fast and easy breakfast.
Pumpkin Spice Mini Muffins
1 1/2 cups oat bran
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice (or 1 tsp cinnamon plus 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg)
1/4 teaspoon baking soda
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 cup pumpkin puree
3/4 cup brown sugar
2 tablespoons canola oil
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Fill 24 mini-muffin cups with liners or spray with cooking spray.
- Add the dry ingredients to a large bowl (oat bran through salt). Make a well in the center.
- Add the wet ingredients (eggs through vanilla) to the well in the center of the dry ingredients.
- Blend the wet and dry ingredients until combined, do not overmix.
- Divide batter between 24 muffin cups and bake for 15 minutes. Cool on a wire rack. Note: You could add 1/2 cup raisins and/or chopped pecans if desired. These muffins freeze well.